• October meeting. The next meeting will be on Sunday October 17th starting at 1:30PM,
and will feature a talk by OOS member Henry Steger about native orchids of the Ottawa
region. The meeting will include results from our virtual Show Table, as well as
our Orchid Doctor feature. NOTE: this meeting will be held using Zoom, and will be
for paid-up members and guests only. Please check the Payments page to pay membership
dues ($25) or guest fee ($5). Refer to Program page for this season’s program.
• Historical Spike. One of our members recently found some older paper copies of
Spike which have now been scanned, and are available on our “Spike Scanned Copies”
page. These cover the period from 2000 up to 2007, when we changed to the electronic
copies available in our “Spike Archives” page.
• 2021 Orchid Show. Regretfully we have been forced to cancel the 2021 Orchidophilia
Orchid Show which would normally be held in April, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for your understanding.
• Credit card payment. We now offer credit card payment of membership fees and guest
fees as a convenience. Please check our new “Payments” page for details.
• COVID-19 outbreak. The Ottawa Orchid Society is closely monitoring the COVID-19
virus pandemic. The OOS is always concerned about our members’ safety and well-being
and we will continue to follow the advice of the Ottawa Health Unit.https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/index.aspx
• The images you see in the box to the left are items recently posted on our Facebook
page. The list updates every day, so it always shows the latest posts. Some of these
are updates about our Society and some of them are links to other organizations in
the orchid world. If you click on any of these images you will be connected to the
corresponding page in Facebook.